Saturday, November 3, 2012

Getting Empowered

What I'm Currently Reading


I was introduced to Mrs. Ina May Gaskin by Ricki Lake thru More Business of Being Born (Part 1). I was so excited to stumble upon The Business of Being Born. Just to see how strong women really are during labor and delivery. And even more to know that I could take a stand in what I wanted for myself and baby during the labor process. What an eye opening moment for me!!!

I'm in my 12th week of pregnancy and have an overwhelming desire to have as natural of a birth as possible. I've had two others. Both resulted in induction and after 17 hours the first time and a little less the second they ended with epidurals. I tried to hold out as long as I could. But towards the end, I wished for death. I'm exaggerating a bit, but not really.

I suppose, outside of the health benefits for both baby and I, I figure if I could go 17 hours with a pitocin induced labor and take it, I could go the whole way naturally. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. But my desire for have the natural delivery I always dreamed of is stronger.

To Be Continued...

As I'm typing this post my kids are calling me to come join them in a game of Candyland. So I will pick this up sometime tomorrow. In the meantime...

Have you had a natural delivery after having experienced an induction? What was the difference in pain? Did you find you recovered quicker afterwards? Did your induction result in an epidural? (Don't they almost always go hand in hand?)



Miracles & Blessings,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...