Monday, October 12, 2009

"Love Dare"- Day 1: Love is Patient



"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."—Ephesians 4:2 NIV

Today was the first day of my "Love Dare" journey. I started this day off nervous. Afraid that I was bound to fail at some point and might have to start over. Fortunately for me, today was not so hard. Actually, I'd have to admit that it was rather easy. We didn't fight, argue, differ in opinion, etc. Nothing. 

The most I had to deal with was my husband acidentally knocking my coffee cup off of my bedside table onto my journal and a few other things. I could've gotten an attitude because he didn't wipe any of it off. But he did wipe up the carpet. And would you believe that I actually considered apologizing for leaving it there?

Well, I thank the Lord for the ease of the day. I remain hopeful for what the next 39 days holds.

If you can, come join us on this journey. Leave your comments and let's be there for one another.

Read up for tomorrow:

Day 2: Love is Kind



3 comments:

  1. Haven't chatted via twitter (@womandriver) in awhile but I wanted to let you know I am enjoying your blog. I tried to become a fan on facebook but it kept giving me an error. I'll try again later, facebook at been showing itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such an easy day yesterday. I'm more nervous about today than I was yesterday. Probably wouldn't be if I was doing this alone. (as in w/out dh) =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just need to say that if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be doing this <3 It's going to be so hard yet I know you are there for me every step of the way.....now only if you lived next door LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...