Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kumquat or Prune?

Baby Is The Size Of A Kumquat


I think I prefer the visual of a kumquat to a shriveled up prune.

Not too eventful of a week. Thank goodness.

I did, however, have a new pregnancy symptom I don't usually experience until the 3rd trimester. HEARTBURN! Ouch!!! I'm not sure what brought it on. All I know is it had me running down to the nearest Rite-Aid to get some Tums. Unfortunately, they weren't all that helpful. It did, eventually, go away. Thank goodness. But it's definitely not something I'm looking forward to experiencing any sooner than I have to.

I was reading up on some of the baby's development. I can only imagine this tiny being, just over an inch, having little nails and hair beginning to form. And tiny little arms and legs with ity bity fingers and toes. No longer an alien embryo. There's a real little person inside me. Makes me smile.

This morning Lil' Miss was excited to inform me I am 10 weeks today! It's so cute. Her afterschool ritual on Wednesdays is she has me show her on the computer a picture of what the baby has developed into. Usually we go to The Bump. She and Papa Son get really into it. I get all sorts of questions from them. Just wait until the baby's movement can be felt! I can't wait to see there little reactions to that.

Oh, another milestone. This is MAJOR. The other nite Mr. was doing his usual prayer time before bed with the kids. I sat on his lap while he prayed. Then he did something I hadn't expected and would've cried if I hadn't had to explain the tears. He included the baby in prayer and placed his hand on my belly. For the first time. It was so magical.

If you're pregnant, how did you deal with heartburn. Naturally or with meds? Did you feel it this early on? We're your older children interested in your growing belly? What about your hubby? Did it make a difference in people's interest if it was your 1st vs. your 2nd, 3rd...? If so, did it affect you at all?






Symptoms this week:
  • Tiredness. Could be because I wake up at 5 a.m. every day. I don't know.
  • Sore breast. Varying from extremely sore to slightly tender.
  • Cramping
  • Ligament pain
  • Muscle ache
  • Cravings: Bacon. Lots of bacon!

Miracles & Blessings,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...