Wednesday, February 20, 2013

28 Weeks




28 Weeks! 12 To Go!

I have been terrible at journaling this pregnancy. I feel bad about that. This could very well be my last baby. So with 12 weeks to go, the entirety of my 3rd and final trimester, I thought I would give it a go at journaling the remainder of my pregnancy. What have I got to lose? A bunch of memories. Precious memories. So, here we go.

Due Date:  May 15, 2013

Gender:  It's a surprise! I have NO idea. I thought originally it was a boy. But, now I'm not so sure. Leaning more towards a girl. The only one who knows the gender is my husband. Yes, this increases the level of difficulty for me. LOL!

How far along?  28 Weeks.

Current measurements: 156 lbs (by my scale), 42.25 in. around. :-| Yikes!

Total weight gain: 24-26 lbs.

Movement: For the last 2 days- All day with minimal breaks.

Maternity clothes: Not really. Not because I don't need them, I just didn't buy any. I have a pair of khaki maternity Gap jeans. They were a part of a birthday gift from my husband when I was pregnant with our daughter. That was in 2005! I have about 4 tops, thanks to my sister-in-law. I may need to buy a few things soon cause my tops are getting shorter and shorter. LOL.

Stretch marks:  Yes. Around my belly button. Maybe a few on my sides. But I've had 2 kids so I'm not sure what's new. 

Sleep: It was much improved during my 2nd trimester from the 1st. But for about the last week I can not sleep. I literally wake up to turn to the other side about every hour. It's not fun. My dreams are pretty interesting/crazy too.

Best moment this week: Playing Lego Star Wars with my son. I got him to a new level. He was so excited and happy!!! He hugged me so tight, kissed my face, and said, "Mommy, I'm calling you 'My Sweet Baboo' from now on! I'm not gonna call you Mommy any more!" I busted out with laughter almost to tears. He got "Sweet Baboo" from Charlie Brown.

Miss anything? Not feeling fat. I felt out of shape before pregnancy and had begun small efforts to change it. Now, I feel fat. Not because of my growing belly, but because of the chubbiness in my face. 

Food cravings: Bacon. I LOVE BACON! I honestly don't think I would be craving it if we hadn't decided to go vegetarian for the year. I will, however, indulge in my craving for my baby shower!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope. Thank God. The Lord has been merciful on my on this topic. I do not get morning sickness or anything during pregnancy. Not one of them. I am eternally grateful. 

Labor signs: Not yet. It's too soon. Really tough Braxton Hicks, but not labor.

Symptoms: Shortness of breath after doing certain activities. 
Pain in my ligaments. Feels like I pulled a muscle.
My hands and feet have begun to swell. Oh, joy! So far only in the evening. Hoping to keep swelling at bay as long as possible. Any advise how?
I think I may have begun nesting. But I know it comes and goes.
Starting to feel exhausted by day's end. 

Belly button in or out? Out. Been out since beginning of 2nd trimester. Maybe the end of my 1st. I showed by the time I was 4 weeks. No joke!

Wedding rings on or off? On. But my wedding band is getting tight. :-(

Happy or moody most of the time:  According to my family, I'm a happy preggo. But I think my patience level is minimizing. I'm working on that.

Looking forward to: Immediately, beginning to discuss baby names. I'm afraid we may not have one by the time the baby's born. Long term, meeting this baby. I can't wait to find out what I've been growing for the last 28 weeks. 


I found these questions on www.annasaccone.com. I tweaked a few, but I thought they were perfect. I enjoyed reading hers as she journaled her pregnancy. I hope she doesn't mind me using them. If you have a moment, go check out her site. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 


Miracles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...