Friday, February 8, 2013

To Shower or Not to Shower? That is the question.

http://blog.timesunion.com/kristi/files/2010/06/babyshower.jpg
Original Photo Location
I've been online today reading people's opinions on whether or not to throw a 2nd, 3rd, 4th+ mom a baby shower. I have to admit I was shocked and saddened to read some of the rude, inconsiderate responses people left within forums geared towards expecting moms.

As you know I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. I have a daughter, 6, and a son, 4. This baby's gender will be a surprise for me (Notice I said, "for me"). With 4 years behind me in the baby arena a baby shower would be very welcomed and greatly appreciated.

I will admit I debated whether or not I felt it tacky to have a 3rd baby shower. I had one for both my other children as "firsts", which I believe appropriate being they were different genders.

After speaking with people in and outside my circle about it, all who, to my pleasant surprise, encouraged a baby shower, I decided I did want one. I believe celebrating every child is important. I also believe when a parent has years between children, 4.5 in my case, they don't usually have baby items laying around. In many cases it's passed on, donated, or thrown away. This is my case.

I'm excited for what's to come. I want to celebrate! I thank The Lord I have people in my life who love and support me. People who are willing to voluntarily take on such a task of planning this event. I truly thank God.

And for all who can/will attend, I thank you in advance for helping us prepare. In whatever capacity.

So what about you? What do you think? To shower or not to shower? Why?



Miracles & Blessings,
 


P.S. This post was quickly written. I may add to it as I have more time to gather my thoughts and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...